Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Landed!

Great Success: we landed in Iqaluit! Other than the very energetic and admirably persistent screaming baby sending my fragile flight nerves into overdrive, it was a fine ride from Ottawa.

When we landed, the first thing I noticed was the air. It is exceptionally dry, crisp and cold. I felt the mucus in my nose begin crystallizing, which was a little unnerving. I actually began coughing on the tarmac because the air was almost too dry. Strange.

Anyways, after that we took a quick drive with my new co-worker around the town with the one hour of daylight left in the day (this was 1 pm, mind you). We naturally had our picture taken at the "Road to Nowhere", but our camera-to-computer hook up is with our things being shipped, so for now enjoy this picture:



Photo credit: Flickr











We're now at our temporary suite and we are hoping Aurora Borealis will make an appearance. I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment